Wednesday, May 11, 2016

note to self


what a nice day

it's been so long that i ain't "a physician in training" for ages...

living my myself in a foreign city is not new... living by myself away from pikabee is... it's been a while since i've had some personal time... shopping, i mean "real" shopping has been such a luxury... not to mention cooking, side trips, massage... and i didn't know i enjoy cafe hopping so much!

paid my first visit to new york and las vegas... travelling by myself is actually more comfy than i have imagined... finally had a chance to meet up with some good pals after (a little more than) a decade! biking in a park (on a dual bike) was wonderful... it amazes me how we had grown up together...  i still remember those conversations on our aspirations then... it's all about parenthood now...

what strikes me the most during this whole experience here is leadership, no doubt... i hope this little note will serve as a reminder for the future me... a real leader is different from a boss... the former trusts his team, is focused and foresighted... and one always has to reach out of one's comfort zone to succeed...while the latter is merely a pathetic and scattered control-freak... a loser...

now, i'm all ready to go back to motherhood... how nice if i can have something like this every other year...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home