Thursday, February 03, 2011

CNY rituals

chillin'

a tradition in my family... we celebrate the beginning of Chinese new year each year by worshipping... mum cooks a dish of vege (I must emphasise she's really good at it)... we worship gods & ancestors... we send each other blessings and collect our red packets... then we eat the vege dish with nice hot tea before going to bed (of course with parents' red packets under my pillow)...

the ritual didn't mean much to me... as i grow up, I began to enjoy the process with the whole family together under the jolly happy mood... it's a little different this year... it's the last time I share the moment with them... My parents wish me a happy marriage in their greetings... which makes me miss it a bit... well I've been looking forward to living with my favourite rabbit and starting our own family... I know i'll be seeing them often, but I do treasure the times at home when we talk nonsense (which is, in fact, the official household language)... I feel so complicated now...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home