Thursday, April 03, 2008

EQ

misty

think my IQ is pretty high yet EQ quite low... it didn't seem to happen in the past... the longer i work as a registered doctor the more i'm aware of this problem... many tiny things can upset me... say my patient died.. or someone absolutely irrelevant made a comment about my clinical judgement... or a bad weather forecast in angkor wat... it's not anything overwhelming really, just a bit imperfect and pitiful... on the other hand, i am easily pleased... a nice dessert, a good swing, or the fact that my patient quitted smoking, can all charge me up for hours...

ain't sure whether i've always been like that... was i unaware of it? i noticed it only after entering university... are we actually born with a certain level of EQ, like it's carried in our genes??? perhaps i was over-protected as i grew up hence i'm so uncomfortable with negativities... i don't have a clue... perhaps i'm too demanding... perhaps i'm overthinking... perhaps it's a girlish borderline personality trait... my male friends probably think i complain too much... my explicitness contrasts with rabbit's couldn't-care-less attitude... how interesting...

i'm quite certain i have to improve my EQ in order to survive through my career... it's a satisfying job and i really love it... somehow i'm put off by things that i face... maybe this happens to everyone as we enter adulthood...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home